Darkseid is a character from DC Comics whose rank among the most powerful of his universe made him a staple Superman villain and arch-enemy of the Justice League. He fought Thanos in the season 5 finale of Death Battle.
- 1 Fanon Wiki Ideas So Far
- 2 History
- 3 Death Battle Info (Official)
- 4 Death Battle Info (Fanon)
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
Fanon Wiki Ideas So Far
- Darkseid vs Alien X
- The Avengers vs Darkseid
- Beerus vs Darkseid
- Bowser vs Darkseid (Abandoned)
- Darkseid vs Chin-Chin
- Doctor Doom vs. Darkseid (Abandoned)
- Dormammu vs Darkseid
- Darkseid vs. Frieza
- Darkseid vs. Galactus (Abandoned)
- Goku VS Darkseid (Completed)
- Hulk VS Darkseid (Abandoned)
- Lord Boros vs. Darkseid
- Darkseid vs Lord Dominator (Abandoned)
- Odin vs Darkseid (Completed)
- Teridax vs. Darkseid
- Darkseid vs. Thanos (Completed fanon version)
- Vegeta vs Darkseid
- Darkseid Vs Waluigi (smg4)
- Zamasu VS Darkseid
- Darkseid vs Ghost Rider
- Millenniummon vs Darkseid
- HABIT vs Darkseid
- Surtur VS Darkseid (Completed)
With someone else
WARNING: The following tab will reveal the numbers of wins and losses for the following character. Read at your own risk.
- Wins: 3
- Losses: 4
- Draws: 0
- Adam Warlock (Marvel Comics)
- Amon (Avatar)
- Ainz Ooal Gown (Overlord)
- Android 21 (Dragon Ball FighterZ)
- Anti-Monitor (DC Comics)
- Arceus (Pokémon)
- Blackheart (Marvel Comics)
- Chakravartin (Asura's Wrath)
- Chara (Undertale)
- Dark Schneider (Bastard!!)
- Darth Sidious (Star Wars)
- Darth Vader (Star Wars)
- Davros (Doctor Who)
- Dimentio (Super Mario Bros.)
- Dio Brando (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
- The Doctor (Doctor Who)
- Donquixote Doflamingo (One Piece)
- Ego (Marvel Comics)
- Enerjak (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Ezra bridger (Fanmade version)
- Father (FMA)
- Flumpty Bumpty (One Night at Flumpty's)
- Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda)
- Gargos (Killer Instinct)
- Giratina (Pokémon)
- GOLB (Adventure Time)
- Hades (Saint Seiya)
- Hakumen (Blazblue)
- Hela (Marvel Comics)
- Hit (Dragon Ball)
- Isaac Ray Peram Westcott (Date a Live)
- Jedah Dohma (Darkstalkers)
- Kars (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
- Kaguya Ōtsutsuki (Naruto)
- King Cold (Dragon Ball)
- Lavos (Chrono Trigger)
- Lord Drakkon (Power Rangers)
- Lord Hater (Wander Over Yonder)
- Lucemon (Digimon)
- M. Bison (Street Fighter)
- Madara Uchiha (Naruto)
- Majin Buu (Dragon Ball)
- Master Hand (Super Smash Bros.)
- Medusa (Kid Icarus)
- Melkor / Morgoth (Lord of the Rings)
- Mewtwo (Pokémon)
- Omni-King (Dragon Ball)
- Piccolo (Dragon Ball)
- Pyron (Darkstalkers)
- Ridley (Metroid)
- Saitama (One Punch Man)
- Sans (Undertale)
- Sauron (Lord of the Rings)
- Sentry (Marvel Comics)
- Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Shao Kahn (Mortal Kombat)
- Ultraman Belial (Ultraman)
- Ultron (Marvel Comics)
- Unicron (Transformers)
- Vilgax (Ben 10)
- Vision (Marvel Comics)
- Whis (Dragon Ball)
- Susanoo (Blazblue)
- Yugo (Wakfu)
- Zero (Kirby)
- Zeus (God of War)
Long ago in the Fourth World, Uxas lived on the planet Urgrund where his people worshipped the Old Gods who needed their prayers to survive. But Uxas despised the Old Gods and, after one of them rampaged in his village, manipulated the deities to fight amongst themselves in the event known as Ragnarok. Uxas proceeds to absorb the fallen gods' powers for himself, transforming into the first New God: Darkseid. After Iyaza was transformed into a New God by the Sky Father when he begged for the return of his beloved Avia from dead, the brothers battled before Darkseid used his power to split the planet in two and crafts one half into a new world: Apokolips, where he reigns over his slave population of immortals as god-king with the only opposition being his brother, now known as Highfather, and the New Gods of New Genesis. In time, Darkseid learned of other worlds beyond the Fourth World and sought to counter the known universe while solving the Anti-Life Equation to rule all life. But he receives new opposition in Superman and the Justice League.
Death Battle Info (Official)
- Height: 8'9" | 211 cm
- Weight: 1,815 lbs | 823 kg
- Age: > 245,000 years
- Race: New God
- Birth name: Uxas
- Aliases: Dread Lord, God of Evil
- Enjoys sitting in other people's chairs
- Every Christmas, Santa gives him a lump of coal
- New God physiology
- Omega Effect
- Cosmic awareness
- Matter manipulation
- Energy manipulation
- Size alteration
- Omega Beams
- Power disabling
- Multi-target tracking
- Omega Sanction
- Survived a bomb designed to "rip apart existence"
- Flew to the Source Wall in seconds
- Destroyed a planet with Omega Beams
- Crushed a Green Lantern ring
- His own death collapsed reality
- Outsmarted the omniscient source
- Beat both Pre- & Post-Crisis Superman
- Defeated Wonder Woman, Orion, Time Trapper
Death Battle Info (Fanon)
New God Physique
As a New God, with limitless stamina, 12th level intellect, high immunity system, and immortality, Darkseid is a being of genetic stability and evolutionary perfection. He can also gradually heal from any wound inflicted on him from being stabbed in the eyes to disintegration. As the New Gods all reside in a dimension outside the normal universe known as the Fourth World, Darkseid can appear in any alternate reality via an Avatar body in his likeness which he controls telepathically.
Darkseid is able to match or surpass Superman and the entire Justice League in physical strength, able to shatter Lantern constructs (of almost any color) and defeat multiple superhumans on his own. While not as fast as the Flash, Darkseid can keep up with the speedster in a fight with a reaction time of surpassing mere microseconds. While Darkseid can survive everything from a planetary destruction to the collapse of a dimension, though items of his dimension can hurt him, he can be wounded by the likes of Superman or Martian Manhunter or with non-Fourth World weapons of magical origins. Darkseid also shares his kind's vulnerability to Radion, though his armor and power allow him to survive what would be a fatal dosage of the substance. Darkseid is too powerful to exist in the physical realm, so he creates avatars of himself that vary in strength and powers. He could cause the multiverse to be destroyed if he exist in his true form.
Like all New Gods, Darkseid's power is derived from relative proximity to the Source of all existence. But in Darkseid's case, he taps into the entropic aspects of the Source. This results in him using the cosmic energy field known as the Omega Effect, which allows him to transverse through time and space along with breaking dimensional barriers. Darkseid normally uses the energy in the form of Omega Beams shot from his eyes that never miss their target (as they can rotate at sharp angles while moving). The concentrated beams are potent enough to harm or kill Superman, destroy planets, vaporize beings, and can hit some of the fastest characters in DC like Flash and Superman. Darkseid can also focus his Omega energy in other ways that include universe-wise telepathy and telekinesis, flight, manipulating matter and energy,
Though powerful in his own right, Darkseid also has the military might of Apokolips at his command, having subjugated his people long enough that they and those converted into Paradaemons worship him and end up sacrificing their own lives in his service. In certain events, Darkseid uses items to deal with his opposition and give him an edge.
- Agony Matrix: An energy-field-based weapon that causes direct neural stimulation of every pain receptor in a person, causing unfathomable torture. Darkseid claims its 'the worst possible pain you can imagine, times 1000'. While it would kill an average person within minutes, a super-powered being like Superman would only lay on the ground while writhing. 
- Apokolips' Power Feed: Whenever he needs to replenish his lost strength, Darkseid seals himself in the heart of Apokolips and syphon the planet's life energy. But it can be a dangerous risk since Darkseid must remain until the replenishment is complete and effect the drain has on Apokolips' unstable mass.
- Boom Tubes: Portals that allow Darkseid to travel across dimensions. Depending on the story; these are either summoned by technology (normally a remote control) or by Darkseid's magic.
- Occasionally uses kryptonite weapons. 
The Anti-Life Equation
A power to manipulate the wills of others, Darkseid spend eternity to find the equation to make everyone in the universe like those on Apokolips. Darkseid would eventually obtain the equation while traversing the multiverse:
"loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding × guilt × shame × failure × judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side."
This allows him to turn anyone into a mindless slave devoid of free will and personal identity, save those who could resist it like Static.
- Destroyed a planet while fighting Highfather. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/133919/3306357-namnlös.jpg
- Has overpowered Superman on numerous occasions, able to subdue him with the utmost of ease. http://imgur.com/a/An5QU
- Strong enough to hold open a hole in reality. http://i.imgur.com/j5nGrN9.jpg
- Transforms Cyborg Superman into a metal ball. http://imgur.com/a/0ykv1
- Capable of hurting The Spectre and surviving hits from him. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/36657/1686333-thespectre19v4_07.jpg
- Can alter his size at will. http://imgur.com/a/kuKMN
- Defeats Orion and Mr. Miracle with a simple wave of his hand, he also illustrates he has control over the firestorm matrix. http://i.imgur.com/deD46hJ.jpg
- Telekinetically froze the entire Legion of Superheroes. http://i.imgur.com/MTr3iX9.jpg
- Breaks a Green Lantern Ring. http://i.imgur.com/qjH2wob.jpg
- His true form made space-time across the entire multiverse collapse. http://m.imgur.com/yI166uU?r http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/9/96464/1963919-1133941_final_crisis__5___page_28_super.jpg https://fourthage.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/final-crisis-6-time-and-space-compressing.png http://m.imgur.com/cLBKD4X?r
- One-shots Silver Surfer. http://m.imgur.com/AU4eD1d?r
- Destroys missiles that Superman can't stop. http://imgur.com/a/A0aAb
- Conquers 3 billion daxamite minds. http://m.imgur.com/jQsH3sh?r
- Solos a team of Darkstars (Darkstars have comparable power to Green Lanterns). http://m.imgur.com/a/jUOEV
- Takes hits from Pre-Crisis Superman and Supergirl. http://i.imgur.com/VI3WXkU.jpg
- Easily survives a combined attack from the Legion of Super-Heroes. http://m.imgur.com/a/yZSf2
- Incinerates Cyborg Superman. http://m.imgur.com/a/59uS7
- Reacts in a microsecond. http://m.imgur.com/uiQ6fEr?r
- Can instantly disintegrate other New Gods with his Omega Beams with little effort.  
- Dismantled Cyborg and replaced him with Apokoliptian technology
- Enslaved Wonder Woman, Starfire, Hawkman, Mera, and Martian Manhunter into becoming his mechanized Furies
- Placed Batman into his mind control as his right-hand man
- Injected Superman with Kryptonite liquid, depowering him
- Imprisoned the Flash to eternally run on a treadmill, powering Apokolips
- Conquered Oa
- Invaded Earth thousands of years ago and tried to conquer it, killing numerous defenders of the planet, including a Green Lantern, Yalan Gur
- Heavily feared by Steppenwolf, who single-handedly overpowered most of the Justice League, yet would not dare challenge him despite having grown tired from being subservient to him
- Turned 100 thousand worlds into dust while looking for the Anti-Life Equation by killing most of the population of the planets before enslaving the rest and genetically converting them in creatures known as Parademons that are forced to be his slaves while transforming the planets into a new Apokolips
- Easily killed Aquaman and Wonder Woman in the Knightmare timeline
- Killed Lois Lane and corrupted a grieving Superman, using the Anti-Life Equation, into his own soldier while manipulating him into believing Batman was at fault for her death
- Turned Earth into a hellish wasteland
- Continued to fight after taking a beam of energy from Yalan Gur, several of Artemis's arrows to the chest, a blast from King Atlan's Trident, and a powerful lightning bolt from Zeus
- Darkseid is vulnerable to Radion (a lethal substance to New Gods, conceptually similar to Kryptonite for Kryptonians).
- Since Darkseid is the embodiment of hatred, he is weakened by positive emotions; including love. 
- Omega Beams can be stopped if it hits a different target during its initial pursuit. For example Batman and Flash using Parademons as human shields.
- Omega Beams have been proven ineffective against the likes of Wonder Woman's bracelets; due to the metal being imbued with godly magic.
- Omega Beams were unable to harm Doomsday and Mxyzptlk.
- Omega Beams were unable to harm Galactus (crossover canon)
- The Speedforce (and speedsters like The Flash) can negate the Anti-Life Equation.
- Can be pushed into his own Boom Tubes; temporarily banishing him.
- He is often overconfident and does not use his powers to their fullest extent.
- Darkseid's Avatar can still be harmed and defeated by characters of similarly absurd power; Kryptonians, some New Gods (most noticeably Highfather and Orion), and other cosmic characters.
- Was once a McDonalds employee.
- Failed to defeat High Father; agreeing to a peace treaty instead of finishing the war
- Has lost in battles against Superman multiple times (especially since Superman is willing to go all out against Darkseid).
- His Omnipresent true form was killed by Superman's shriek. 
- Was easily defeated by Doomsday; who managed to adapt to Darkseid's Omega Beams.
- Was dominated by Mister Mxyzptlk.
- Was shot by Batman (Batman was okay with this). The bullet was made out of Radion and so was fatal to Darkseid.
- Was once mugged by ordinary humans.
- Darkseid's face was inspired by Jack Palance; who has a large face, small eyes and frequently played the role of merciless villains. Darkseid's personality was inspired by military dictators like Hitler.
- As mentioned in Death Battle Cast: Batman used a baby Darkseid as a weapon. 
- Although Darkseid is known today as irredeemable evil, it wasn't always going to be the plan: back when Jack Kirby was plotting the ending of his New Gods saga, he actually intended for Darkseid to see the error of his ways and save Orion at the cost of his own life. However, after Kirby saw Darth Vader's heroic sacrifice in Return of the Jedi, he felt that the idea was too similar and nixed it.
- Darkseid was originally going to physically appear in the 2017 film Justice League, the fifth installment in the DC Extended Universe (DCEU). However, when Joss Whedon entered into the project to do some reshoots ordered by Warner Bros. after Zack Snyder exited out the project in the wake of a family tragedy, he cut Darkseid's scenes. Many fans then started to sign petitions to get Snyder's original cut from the film to be restored, which they succeeded in early 2020.